HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT |

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Submit New Blogger Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools Account

If you like Google to find your blog/website for indexing, then it is better that you submit it to Google Webmaster Tools account; and it is Free. I have submitted all my blogs and websites to that account. It provides detail report about the visibility of your pages on Google. Features such as Overview, Statistics, Links, Sitemaps, and Tools are very useful for studying your blog/website. You can trace any error from these features and try to fix it.

My only problem I have so far is with the New Blogger sitemap submission. If you submit it as http://yourblogname.blogspot.com/atom.xml to Google Webmaster Tools account, then it only shows the maximum URLs of 22. However I have 59 URLs. Does it mean the rest of my URLs are not going to be indexed on Google? I searched the web and found this post Submit Your Blogger/FeedBurner Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools that has solved my problem. After I submitted this blog as http://meaningfulblog.blogspot.com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=100, now it shows all my URLs on Google Webmaster Tools account. Just an useful blogger tip that I want to share with you.

Related articles
Sitemap? What is it? How to Add it to Our Website?
How to Add Google Sitemap to WordPress.com Blog?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search