HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT |

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, November 8, 2008

How to Edit Rules and Help Pages in Joomla!'s FireBoard?

Last week I talked about How to Set Up FireBoard for a Joomla! website? Then I came to the problem of how to edit Rules and Help pages in FireBoard. I am using Joomla! 1.0.15 for my website. So in order to make Rules and Help pages work in Joomla!'s FireBoard, you need to do a couple of things listed below:

  1. Log in to your Joomla! admin area.
  2. Click on Static Content Manager/New.
  3. Edit your Rules file and save it.
  4. Find out your Rules ID number.
  5. Now on the main menu click on Components/FireBorad Forum/FireBoard Configuration.
  6. Scroll half way down to find Rules Content ID and enter your Rules ID number there.
  7. Scroll all the way to the top and save your change.
For the Help page you just have to repeat the similar steps as above, just make sure in step 6 you find Help Content ID and enter your Help ID number there which you should have found out from step 4. I have just created both Rules and Help pages in my website's forum for the FireBoard, and they both work beautifully. If you have any related issues, feel free to drop your words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you very much .it help me much.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! It was exactly what I needed.

Lana said...

I am glad it is helpful to you guys. :)

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search