HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT |

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Why Do Images Disappear From My Joomla! Website?

Images from my Joomla! website have been working fine. However about two weeks ago, they magically disappeared from my website. I upgraded Joomla! 1.0.13 to Joomla! 1.0.14 last week. Nevertheless that did not solve the problem.

I searched Joomla! support forum; no answers there either. I am still searching a solution for solving this problem; no luck so far. I am not sure what the cause is. Could Joomla! JCE editor contribute to that problem? In order to confirm that question, I switched back to Joomla! default editor - TinyMCE. However, the problem still exists. I even downloaded JoomlaFCK - a super-fast and lightweight WYSIWYG editor for Joomla! Content Management System. That does not solve the problem.

It seems the problem has nothing to do with editors; but then what is the cause? When I used Edit HTML Source from the menu of the editor, images show up in the edit area at backend. I can see images emerge when using Preview function. However after I saved it, I sometimes saw the images when I first loaded the webpage; then it would disappear like a magic after reloading it; very strange. The images only work if they are not clickable. Anybody knows what is going on? or do you have the same situation like mine? Your comments or advice are highly appreciated.

Update: Images in my Joomla! website have been solved automatically after I changed my Security Program on my PC (Personal Computer).

Related Article:
How to Fix Hotlink Protection Image Not Shown Problem?

5 comments:

Lana said...

If you have similar problem like mine, feel free to talk about it or if you have any advice, it will be highly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Guess it's a css problem? have you got sef then turn it of.

Lana said...

I am not 100% sure, but I think this problem was caused by a security program - Norton Antivirus which came with my laptop when I bought it. After it expired, I don't use it anymore. Since then, images from my Joomla! website work perfectly.

danielzamn@gmail.com said...

hello friend ....did you solve the problem ?? i got the same problem, every looks ok at the backend but when i save nothing happens at the frontend ...the images still there at the backend.
ive try olmost everything ...but it seems somthing is deleting the IMG tags from my aticles ....Please Help ...thanks!!

Lana said...

Like I said above. After I use other anti-virus program, images work just fine. So I suggest you to temporarily turn off your anti-virus program to check whether it is the cause. Good luck.

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search