HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT |

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Progress in My Build a Niche Store

9/27/08
In these three weeks I've done the following things to optimize my BANS' site - Travel Deals on EBay:

1. Everyday I read as much information as I can in BANS' private forum; it includes tips and strategies that some BANS' members have contributed.

2. Find some one-way links to promote Travel Deals on EBay.

3. Submit it to the major directories such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN.

4. Submit it to other directories other than Google, Yahoo, and MSN.

5. Submit it to Google Webmaster Tool account and observe its stats.

6. Submit it to Yahoo Site Explorer and its feed too.

7. Promote each page by providing some unique contents to it.

Actually Travel Deals on EBay was indexed by Google the next day after it went live. Now a couple of pages have shown zero out of ten for Google's PageRank. There are 13 out of 22 links being indexed by Google. Yahoo has indexed only one. I am still waiting for MSN to index Travel Deals on EBay. Still no sale yet; but I have good feeling that it will be soon.

10/4/08
Here are the things that I observed with my BANS so far.
- Google put my BANS site in sandbox - Now only 6 out of 23 links in airlineticketswithus.com were being indexed.
- Yahoo indexed 6 out of 23 links so far. One person searched "airline ticket agent" in Yahoo search engine and found Travel Deals on EBay today.
- MSN still did not index any links for Travel Deals on EBay yet.

10/11/08
I changed a new theme and customized it a little bit. I added more content to my BANS site and created a Links page which is used to exchange links with any relevant sites.
- Google still put my BANS site in sandbox - I checked my server site's Latest Visitors Logs, I found out that Googlebot did visiting 6 links of my BANS site but no indexing was listed.
- Yahoo indexed 5 links instead 6 this week.
- I submitted my BANS site to MSN's Webmaster Center. According to the Latest Visitors Logs in my sever, MSNbot did visiting one or two links of my BANS site since then; but it did not index any links of that site.

10/18/08
This week I added more content to my BANS site. I still did not get any replies from the reciprocal websites I've listed in my Links page yet.
- Google still has not listed any links of my BANS site yet. However, Googlebot has actively crawled the site.
- Yahoo indexed 3 links. It decreased from 6 to 3 links this week. According to Latest Visitors Logs in my server, 'cheap airline tickets eBay' and 'travel' are two key words/phrases people typed in search engines for my BANS site to show up. However it only showed up for two days. Now they are disappeared without a trace.
- The good news is MSN has finally indexed my BANS home page in its search result. Try it you'll see it when you typed 'site:airlineticketswithus.com' in its search engine.

10/25/08
- This week I did not do much for my BANS site. I think I'll leave it alone for a while.
- Still no replies from any sites that I had included in Links of my BANS site.
- Google's sandbox was still in effect.
- Yahoo really picked up my BANS site. It indexed 25 pages as this moment. I am really happy about that.
- MSN still showed 1 page which is the main page of my BANS site. Someone typed "bids for bargains branson missouri" in Live Search and found my BANS site.
- Besides these three major search engines, I saw other search robots visiting my BANS site as well.

Related article
Earn Money Online with BANS

2 comments:

Artstudio Sri Lanka said...

While I appreciate and agree with you regarding the useful tips you have mentioned in your post I feel that the sellers will be able to gain profits by using an effective Store Management System to make it easier for them when handling their online store.

Lana said...

Hello Artstudio;
Thank you for stopping by. Although Store Management System may be helpful, it is not free. I try to optimize my eBay store for free.

I've learned some tips and strategies about search engine optimization; and I've done well on some of my blogs and website. So I'll continue apply to them through my spare time.

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search