In Search Engine Optimization - Part 1, I emphasized the importance of putting your keywords inside your header tag. It will increase your PageRank in Google or other search engines! Don't confuse the header section with the header tag. For example, header section looks like this: <title>your website's title here</title> while header tag looks like this: <h1>your keywords here</h1>.
I've been trying so hard to find out the answer of how to add a header tag in an index.php file; if it is just a html file, then it is easy; just add your header tag in the body section of the file. However my website is created using Joomla! 1.0.13. That means I have to deal with a php file. This file is dynamically linked to other files. You just cannot insert <h1>your keywords here</h1> into the body section of you index.php file. So how can you do that? Here is the solution for you:
- Download bot_joomSEO_1.1.6.zip here and do not unzip it
- Login to your admin area; click on Installers/Mambots on the menu bar
- Browse the URL of your downloaded bot_joomSEO_1.1.6.zip file, then click on Upload File & Install button
- If it is succeeded, click on Mambots/Site Mambots on the menu bar
- Now you can see JoomSEO is on the list; make sure you publish it
- Click on it and go in. Make changes to meet your personal needs, save it, and you are done!
Update: Here is a better way that you can optimize your Joomla! blog/website for search engines: How to Optimize Your Joomla! Website?