HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT |

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Security Warning Message in Joomla! 1.0.12 Backend?

If you own a self-hosted blog/website, you probably can install other free CMS (Content Management System) such as Drupal, Joomla!, Mambo, to name a few in your web server. This week I was asked to set up a Joomla! website for my sister - Starrli Point of Sale Software in PowWeb - a web server. Setting up this website is not hard. I just followed the instructions provided by PowWeb and it did not take me that long to do so. However, after I've installed that, two drawbacks I realized:

  • PowWeb failed to provide the newest Joomla! version for upgrading. The latest version she can get is Joomla! 1.0.12. I might have to manually upgrade to the newest one for her if necessary.

  • There is a security warning message showing up on her Joomla! admin area (backend) after logging in; see the screenshot below:A Warning Message
Initially when I first saw the warning message, I though about of fixing it by turn it off in globals.php file. However, I was not sure that is the right way to do. I was thinking there might be other way to fix this problem. So I search the web for an answer using Google Search Engine; and I found the solution to it in a forum. Here is the solution to it:
Use FTP to download globals.php file to your PC (Personal Computer) from this folder /htdocs/(same as /public_html/); find line 24, change

PHP Code:
define( 'RG_EMULATION', 0 );

To
PHP Code:
define( 'RG_EMULATION', 1 );

After you've done that, save globals.php file, and upload it back to the same folder that you've downloaded it. I tested it out and the problem now is solved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search